UPTOWN BASKETBALL LEAGUE 2009!
The Mult-Cultural Youth Project is proud to launch its 7th annual Uptown Basketball League! The UBL boasts a membership of 80-100 youth representing a diversity of ethnicities, experiences, & skill levels who come together each spring to build community & play ball. The league begins the week of April 13th and continues for 9 weeks until the week of June 8th culminating in the MCYP summer bash.
If you love basketball, believe strongly in youth empowerment, and want to volunteer in the community, this is a perfect opportunity!!!
* Act as a mentor to youth
* Value communty building & empowerment OVER competition
* Encourage leadership & teamwork
* Develop youths' basketball skills
* Follow league guidelines
* Have Fun!!!!
* One practice/week (either on Mon @ 5-6:30PM or Wed @ 5:30-7PM)
* One game/week (games take place on Saturdays between 12:30-4:30PM)
* Tryout/Skill Evaluation on March 21st @ 1PM
If interested, please email Steve at email@example.com. Thanks!