Position: eCommunications / eAdvocacy Coordinator
The National Korean American Service & Education Consortium (NAKASEC)
seeks a hard-working, talented, and committed individual to serve as
eCommunications / eAdvocacy Coordinator. This is a temporary position
for an individual who has experience in setting up the necessary
infrastructure to bolster online social community engagement and
designing & implementing e-advocacy campaigns. This position will
contribute to an overall effort to foster greater outreach, education,
and conversation with NAKASEC supporters and to build organizational
recognition and visibility.
NAKASEC is a dynamic national organization working to empower the
Korean American community through education, advocacy and organizing.
The national office is located in Los Angeles, California, with a D.C.
office and affiliates in Los Angeles and Chicago. Major program areas
include immigrant rights, civic engagement & voter empowerment, health
reform, and civil rights. NAKASEC offers a competitive salary
commensurate with experience.
Major Responsibilities include:
· Work with stakeholders to craft an overall
· Coordinate research, selection and implementation of new web
technologies and services to enhance e-advocacy and communications hub
initiatives (including selection of vendors through a selective
· Plan and implement all activities related to the
transformation of the current NAKASEC website to an interactive &
viral communications hub, including expansion and integration with
other online mediums.
· Work closely with the Executive Director and other staff to
create and disseminate bilingual written and visual content (including
action alerts, e-newsletters, etc.) related to NAKASEC programs
utilizing multiple communications tools and public relations
· Provide education, training and technical assistance to
NAKASEC staff and affiliates about effective use of web 2.0 and social
media in campaign development.
· Assist in the day-to-day operations and maintenance of
website and other online mediums.
· Collect, compile, analyze and report Web site, Internet and
technology-related data for use in reports and summaries as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 or more years of demonstrated
experience working with new web technologies and other vital marketing
strategies (including blogs, Twitter, FaceBook, YouTube, Buzz, etc.).
· Understanding of how communities of color and immigrant
communities engage online.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Graphic design skills and knowledge of layout and design.
· Familiarity with coding HTML & CSS.
· Ability to work independently and with a team, think
creatively, and prioritize multiple tasks under pressure of deadlines.
· Commitment to progressive politics and building an inclusive
social justice movement.
· Sensitive to multicultural issues.
· Experience in video editing a plus.
· Experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual
setting an asset, but not required.
· Fluency in the Korean language an asset, but not required.
NAKASEC is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and
minorities to apply.
How to Apply:
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, portfolio, references, and salary
history to Jeong Yeon Hong, Community Education & Administrative
Director, NAKASEC, 900 S. Crenshaw Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90019 or via
email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please visit our
website at www.nakasec.org or call at 323. 937.3703.
National Organizing Coordinator
National Korean American Service & Education Consortium (NAKASEC)
900 S. Crenshaw Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90019
(tel) 323.937.3703 x202 / (fax) 323.937.3753
"Together We Build America's Future"
SAVE THE DATE – NAKASEC 15th Anniversary Dinner
September 17, 2009 in Washington, D.C.