Youth Program Coordinator
Reports to: Youth Program Manager
A full-time position
The Korean American Family Service Center (KAFSC) of New York is seeking a qualified applicant for the Americorp position of Youth Program Coordinator.
KAFSC is a community-based not-for-profit organization in the New York metro area to prevent and end violence in the home and in partner relationships and to promote safe and healthy families and communities. We provide counseling, advocacy, education, and support services to serve women and families, strengthen communication and parenting skills, increase economic self-sufficiency, and promote the positive development of children and youth.
The Program Coordinator works with Program Director to develop and improve the program from recruitment and outreach strategies to family involvement, and provide support to day to day activities of the youth program including Youth Community Project Team (YCPT), Mentoring Program, and summer activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and provide support the Youth Community Project Team activities to promote positive self-esteem/motivation/leadership among program participants
• Coordinate and provide support the Mentoring Program activities: 1) develop and implement a comprehensive outreach plan for the program, 2) recruit, screen, and train volunteer mentors, and 3) plan and coordinate regular group activities
• Assist in development and implementation of required evaluation tools
• Work with Program Director to develop service plans with measurable outcomes and services as identified by the program and funding source in a timely manner.
• Work with Program Director to develop a program manual that compasses policies, procedures and program tools.
• Maintain files on all youth participants and records on all youth program activities
• Maintain ongoing positive relationships and contact with partnering agencies
• Participate in various administrative and programmatic meetings
• Conduct research on youth issues and resources and provide support to staff to conduct educational workshops and other outreach activities as needed by the program.
• Provide other administrative support to Youth Counselors and Program Director
• 4 year degree in Social Work, Sociology, or related field
• Must demonstrate an ability to work independently and with a team, initiate projects, and develop and implement an array of social-educational activities. Experience working with individuals from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
• • Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to think creatively, and prioritize multiple tasks
• Fluency in the Korean language is a plus, but not required.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, and Publisher)
KAFSC of New York is an equal opportunity employer. Employment is subject to a background check.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and coverletter to Grace Yoon at email@example.com
Grace Jungsook Yoon, Executive Director
Korean American Family Services Center of New York
P. O. Box 541429, Flushing, NY 11354
T.718.460.3801 ext. 10, F.718.460.3965