Friday, February 13, 2009

Half of a half apology from Epic Failure Miley

Soooo... Miley decided she should apologize again for her slanty eyed business! And I thought, finally?! Then I read the apology and IT WASN'T AN APOLOGY.

"I want to thank all of my fans for their support not only this week, but always! I really wanted to stress how sorry I am if the photo of me with my friends offended anyone. I have learned a valuable lesson from this and know that sometimes my actions can be unintentionally hurtful. I know everything is a part of GOD’s ultimate plan, and mistakes happen so that eventually I will become the woman he aspires me to be."

Let's be honest, she doesn't care. I made the IF to show that she doesn't care about her Asian/Asian American fans. She's rich, famous, has celebrity privileges and does whatever she wants. So let's do something about this, shall we?

Many Asian American blogs have pushed back against Miley's half assed apology and have called her out on her BS apology. The OCA, Organization of Chinese Americans, is literally the only Asian American advocacy group that's called Miley out on her racist self. Where are the others at?

The Minority Militant has mentioned the lack of Asian American (AsAm) groups on the front lines with OCA and well, it's a good point. Are there reasons for other AsAm advocacy groups to not even bother with Miley? Maybe the other advocacy organizations have other priorities? Maybe they're intimidated? Maybe it's a waste of time for them? Maybe they think addressing Miley won't solve anything? Whatever the reasons may be, I think it's up to the empowered people, the general public, to speak up. PLEASE talk to your respective AsAm advocacy groups about this Miley fiasco. Tell them you want them to say, "Enough is enough, stop the slanty eye business."

And if you want to take it further, you can head to The Minority Militant's blog and read up on how Miley's going to the White House to show her movie. Ick. Or you can mail Disney and tell them their star is an epic failure. OR! You can do both.

Disney Snail Mail:
Michael Poryes (Executive Producer/Creator Hannah Montana)
c/o Debbee Klein Paradigm
360 N. Crescent Dr., North Bldg.
Beverly Hills, CA
90210

Steven Peterman (Executive Producer/Creator Hannah Montana)
c/o It's A Laugh Productions
201 N Occidental Blvd Bldg 6
Los Angeles, CA 90026
USA

Rich Ross
President, Disney Channel Worldwide
3800 W Alameda Ave #2026
Burbank, CA

Or if you live in California and are Asian, you might be in the $4 Billion dollar LAWSUIT against Miley Cyrus.

According to the suit, each APIA person in L.A. County is entitled to the minimum damages for a civil rights violation -- $4,000.

Source, Source, Source, Source, Source, Source, Source = CAN YOU BELIEVE ALL THE MEDIA OUTLETS /BLOGS REPORTING ON THIS?!

No comments:

Post a Comment