Sunday, February 8, 2009

Miley Continues to be an Epic Failure

Soooo... Miley made an "apology" to the Asian/Asian American community. But then, she had to kill the apology by saying,

Ive also been told there are some people upset about some pictures taken of me with friends making goofy faces! Well, Im sorry if those people looked at those pics and took them wrong and out of context!

In NO way was I making fun of any ethnicity! I was simply making a goofy face. When did that become newsworthy? It seems someone is trying to make something out of nothing to me. If that would of been anyone else, it would of been overlooked! I definitely feel like the press is trying to make me out as the new 'BAD GIRL'

...But, when I have made mistakes in the past, I feel like Ive owned up to them and apologized.... Anyway, I really wish everyone would stop focusing on my personal life and get back to focusing on what I love! Music and Acting!


WELL! She said "sorry IF!" Well, I'm sorry IF your music, acting, and face just happens to be offensive to me too! A goofy face is a goofy face! Goofy face means an Asian face! How fun! We were just playing around![end sarcasm]

Bluntly speaking, you don't give a half assed apology. Also, don't piss off your Asian/Asian American audiences. I don't know if Miley knows, but hmm, there's a lot of us back in the motherlands (aka Japan, China, S/N Korea, India, Laos, Vietnam, i.e. all Asian areas of the world) and you don't wanna offend, got it? I believe DISGRASIAN said it best, "You were giving us the chink-eye, an internationally-recognized symbol of unwelcome."

OCA, Organization of Chinese Americans, stepped up their work and said, “The picture is offensive and now this statement is inadequate,” George Wu, Executive Director of the OCA, an Asian-American equality group said on Friday. “That’s not enough. It’s not a real apology. We’re not backing down without a fuller apology."

She needs some schooling, stat. She had a chance to apologize and she messed it up.

Source, Source

No comments:

Post a Comment