Friends of the Asian Pacific American Dispute Resolution Center:
Our 20th annual Conversity Reception is just around the corner in less than a month. We are very excited to celebrate our service to the various communities throughout Los Angeles County.
Mark your calendar for April 22nd, 2009 at Luminarias in Monterey Park @ 6:30 pm. This year, we have changed our format from dinner to reception style. Cocktail attire is preferred and business attired is accepted. About 300 people are expected to attend in the community from all sectors of the workforce.
Our 2009 Conversity Award Honorees are:
• Dr. A. Marco Turk, Professor and Director of the Cal State Dominguez Hills Negotiation Conflict Resolution and Peace building (NCRP) Program
• Mark Ridley-Thomas, Supervisor, Los Angeles County, 2nd District
• California Teachers Association.
Once again, these are our 2009 scholarship recipients who have demonstrated peace building in their communities. They will be acknowledged during our reception:
• Velvet Johnson, King /Drew Magnet High School
• Marissa McCoy, King /Drew Magnet High School
• Gabriel Sandoval, University High School
• Joakim Sahar, University High School
We are still recruiting volunteers for the day of the event. Please contact me at Lisa.email@example.com for more information as well as for sponsorship levels and for advertisement prospects.
We look forward to a highly successful event given the current economic situation we are facing. If it isn't for people like you who support community based organizations like APADRC, we would not be able to thrive and continue to do the work that we do for the community. It is during these times where all nonprofits expect a 30% cut across the board that we need your help the most whether in terms of your financial support or volunteerism.
Thank you for your support throughout the years, and we would like to advance for yet another 20 years of history making. Donations are welcome at our website www.apadrc.org.
Lisa S. Chong
213-250-8190 ex. 23