For additional information about the organization, please visit: www.apiavote. org
____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ____
POSITION: Executive Director
INSTITUTION: Asian & Pacific Islander American Vote (APIAVote)
LOCATION: Washington, DC
DEADLINE: April 15, 2009
ABOUT APIAVote: Founded in 1996, APIAVote is a national nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that encourages and promotes civic participation of Asian Pacific Islander Americans in the electoral and public policy processes at the national, state and local levels. APIAVote envisions a society in which all Asian and Pacific Islander Americans fully participate in and have access to the democratic process.
The Executive Director of APIAVote will report to the board of directors and manage a team of professionals and staff appropriate to the scope and scale of the organization’s work.
SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS: The Executive Director of APIAVote will have the primary responsibility of leading the organization through:
Fundraising and Financial Management
· Develop, manage and monitor organization’s fundraising plan, including building and maintaining relationships with funders. Develop, manage and monitor organization’s financial management system.
· Develop and oversee all programs of APIA Vote, including field and leadership programs.
· Assist local partners to implement their civic participation campaigns.
· Develop and oversee APIAVote’s communications program, to promote awareness of API civic engagement issues and highlight the work of local partners.
Coalition building and collaboration
· Promote strategic alliances and collaborations with organizational and institutional partners.
· Establish APIA Vote as a leader in convening diverse Asian American and Pacific Islander communities to project a unified voice.
· Hire, manage and evaluate staff and contractors, and provide supervision to senior and administrative staff, ensuring that staff have adequate resources, training and support.
· Maintain strong and effective relations with the Board of Directors by providing thoughtful and timely information.
· Provide support to Board committees and assist with Board cultivation and development.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS: This position requires a motivated individual with experience in financial management and oversight, strategic planning, civic engagement, community/electoral organizing and fundraising at the national level. Excellent communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to manage staff and resources efficiently is critical.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience. Full health and dental insurance provided.
SEND RESUMES TO: APIAVote Executive Director Search Committee - apiavotejobs@ gmail.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Please visit www.apiavote