Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Charlie Wheelan's Water Ad Amuses Me

By no means am I endorsing him because 1) I don't live in his district and 2) I haven't read his stances on issues important to me. However, I am amused by his youtube ad. He did say this on his website as to why he's running:

"I’m running for Congress in the 5th District of Illinois to replace Congressman Rahm Emanuel, who is resigning to serve as Barack Obama’s chief of staff.

Why? Well, the short answer is that as a policy guy, this seems like a unique time to “walk the walk.” I’ve been working on public policy issues ever since I graduated from college.

But given what is going on in the world, there is only so much anyone can do from the sidelines. Whether it is the financial crisis at home, or instability abroad in places like Iraq and Afghanistan, this is the time when good policy matters more than at any point in my lifetime.

But it’s also a remarkably hopeful time. Barack Obama will arrive in Washington with an amazing potential to change the trajectory of the country. But nothing about that will be easy. In fact, when the excitement of the campaign meets the reality of governing, we’re going to have some hard decisions to make. I’d like to be a part of that process."


This is also random, but he has a Facebook page, however, it's partially in Japanese???

Video after the jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment